New Theben Tamper Proof 180° Outdoor PIR
We have taken stock of the new theLuxa R180 (in White and Black).
This is an outdoor motion detector (IP55) with a 180° detection angle.
The pots are on the bottom of the sensor and must be set before installation. Once installed, a cover is mounted over the sensor which is extremely difficult to remove, stopping people from tampering with the time and lux settings. It also comes with a lens that can block off areas that you do not want to trigger the lighting from (Eg, a Neighbours Garden)
- Automatic lighting control based on presence and brightness
- 180° detection angle
- For outdoor use
- Protection from tampering thanks to the robust case design
- Covered operating controls under the secured front cover
- Adjustable brightness switching value and switch-off delay
- Area limit via lens attachment
- Mixed light measurement suitable for the control of fluorescent, incandescent, halogen lamps and LEDs
- Zero-cross switching for relay-saving switching and high lamp loads
- Test function for checking detection area
- Single-handed plug-in installation
- Instant start-up possible via factory preset
- Terminal for protective earth conductor
Like the other Theben Luxa Range, the installation is very simple. A base is fixed onto the wall, pull the cables through and connect, then simply push the sensor into position on the base.
The electrical connections are simple, Live, Neutral, Earth and Switched Live to the lighting or contactor. It can switch up to 500 Watt of LED. Time settings are from 3 seconds to 30 minutes.
It is mounted flat to the wall, so it doesn’t stick out like a regular outdoor sensor. It actually quite small and discreet at 82mm X 82mm and 65.5mm in depth.
The range is up to 12 meters straight out and 5 meters either side.
There are also 2 accessories available for the product. The first is a corner bracket for mounting on corner walls and the second is a spacer to give the installer more room for the cable if required.